You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to grab a value in a field and auto-populate it into another field on the same form

asked on April 11, 2017

Hi all,

I have designed LF Forms and there is a field named as 'Company Name' and the variable is '{/dataset/txt_CompanyName}'. In the same form, I want to use the 'Company Name' field into another field (for instance, 'Customer Name').

In the 'Customer Name' field, I have entered  {/dataset/txt_CompanyName} as the variable value. When submitting the form, the value of the Company Name has not been auto-populated into the Customer Name field.

Thanks to help.

1 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 12, 2017 • Show version history

Hi Sheila,

We have Forms version 10.2 and in the Calculation area, in the Customer Name field under advanced we put in "=(txt_CompanyName)", (the variable in Company Name), to make that work.  Not sure it will work in previous versions. 

Dave

2 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.