You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

The function 'SUM' was given an invalid number of arguments.

asked on April 10, 2017 • Show version history

When I submit the form, I receive this error. 

I am using OpenFormula within this form. When I fill out the form, it submits correctly.

When I submit the form blank with no required fields, I receive this error.

I receive this error even if I comment out or remove both JavaScript and CSS. 

0 0

Replies

replied on April 10, 2017

I had a similar problem and after looking at everything, it came to be one of my tables did not have a name for a variable. checked all the tables and fields and made sure that everything on my form had actual variable names on it and that fixed the problem.

 

Tato
 

0 0
replied on April 10, 2017

I do not have any missing or blank variables.

I also removed any variables that were no longer in use within the form.

 

0 0
replied on April 10, 2017 • Show version history

I had to default each field to '0.00'. I could not leave the value blank. 

Does Laserfiche know how to work around this? 

 

0 0
replied on April 10, 2017

forgot that I also had to set the default value to zero on my input fields as it was trying to add a null field and it didnt like it.

0 0
replied on April 10, 2017

were typing at the same time... that was funny.

 

0 0
replied on April 10, 2017 • Show version history

What version of Forms are you using? And can you give example for how you use the calculation?  I checked with "=SUM(Table.Column_1,Table.Column_2)" this calculation with Forms 10.2 and the field for column_1 and column_2 were empty when submit, there is no error.

0 0
replied on April 11, 2017 • Show version history

In the previous versions, I had to do the following equation.

SUM(SUM(Table.Column_1),SUM(Table.Column_2))

The user currently has Forms 10.2

Here is a sample of what I have been doing.

=IF(AND(SUM(hrsWorked_weekOne.Sun)>0,SUM(leave_weekOne.Sun)>0),SUM(SUM(hrsWorked_weekOne.Sun),SUM(leave_weekOne.Sun)),
IF(SUM(leave_weekOne.Sun)>0,SUM(leave_weekOne.Sun),
IF(SUM(hrsWorked_weekOne.Sun)>0,SUM(hrsWorked_weekOne.Sun),0.00)))

 

 

 

 

 

0 0
replied on April 14, 2017

I used similar tables and calculations and no error for me when submit the form when all the fields in the table is blank:

1 0
replied on April 14, 2017

I will try to review my script some more and let you know what I find.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.