You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Date tokens are all blank in forms 10.2

asked on March 2, 2017 • Show version history

The date fields just come out blank after upgrading to 10.2 when using tokens to populate.

 

One is populated by {/dataset/_initiated_date} default value and the other by {/dataset/Date} as a default value

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on March 2, 2017 • Show version history

Perhaps try using current_date instead of {/dataset/Date}.  That's what the variable picker populates.

In the case of {/dataset/_initiated_date}, I see the same issue, even when using the variable picker to populate the value, with a field created in version 10.2.  So I wonder if that's a bug...

0 0
replied on March 6, 2017

current_date works if manually entered!! Thanks. I never manually entered this before, I just choose it from the process variables in the token selector. Now when I use the token selector everything is entered using the {/dataset/ syntax which none of them work in the way they used to. When you get it right the form says "date captured on form submission". Where did you get current_date from, is it just a little known secret entry? Is there a list of these non-syntax tokens somewhere?

 

0 0
replied on March 6, 2017 • Show version history

When use select "Current Date" from the token selector, it didn't input "current_date" in the default value?  What browser are you using?

When use select "Instance Start Date" from the token selector, does it input "{/dataset/_initiated_date}"?  Can you clarify what do you mean by "Now when I use the token selector everything is entered using the {/dataset/ syntax which none of them work in the way they used to."?

 

For current_date, we can the current time from the browser and date is following the process time zone.

0 0
replied on March 9, 2017

Figured it out. Before I was choosing the option today, which changed to current date. When I didn't find today I found Instance Start Date and choose that. I threw me off that the name of the token had changed. Current Date appears to be the same thing as Today.

0 0

Replies

replied on March 2, 2017

Can you give more detail on how you set the process? I was not able to reproduce it? For the field that you use date tokens, they are not in the starting form right? Are they set to read-only? Can it always be reproduced with the specific process? If do, can you open a support case by providing the download process?

0 0
replied on March 3, 2017

In my case, on the default value setting on a date field, I used the variable picker to select the option for {/dataset/_initiated_date}, and then I previewed the form and the date field was blank.

0 0
replied on March 3, 2017 • Show version history

This is the expected behavior because when you preview the form, the instance has not start yet, so there is no value for {/dataset/_initiated_date}.

The {/dataset/_initiated_date} can only have value when you use it on a form that is used after the first step for the instance will only be started after perform the first step.

0 0
replied on March 3, 2017

Oh.  haha!  Silly me.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.