You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Returning data from a forms workflow service task

asked on September 20, 2016 • Show version history

Hi all,

In the admin guide in the section under workflow service tasks there are details on how to get back information from a workflow initiated from Forms.  I am trying to configure this but don't see the "Add variable pairing" button referred to in the documentation.  Am I missing something ?

https://www.laserfiche.com/support/webhelp/Laserfiche/10/en-us/administration/Default.htm#../Subsystems/Forms/Content/Service-Tasks.htm

 

I have Forms 10.1.0.559 installed and have set the ShowWorkflowMapping option in the options table in the forms database to "true".  I have configured the workflow I am calling to have an output parameter and selected "Wait for the workflow to finish before proceeding?" to "Yes" in the service task configuration.

 

Should i be doing anything else ?

 

many thanks,

Ian

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on September 20, 2016

Returning data is done from the Workflow side through the use of a Set Business Process variable activity. And you're right, the service task in Forms needs to be set to wait for workflow completion.

0 0

Replies

replied on September 21, 2016

Thanks Miruna.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.