You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Navigating "Next" button to the top of the next page.

asked on July 21, 2016 • Show version history

I have used pagination on one of my forms and everything is working great, but when I click the "next" button it takes me to the bottom of the next page. I am trying to figure out code to add so it will take me to the top of the next page instead of the bottom, but I cant seem to get it working. Does anyone know what script and where, I could add to achieve this?

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on July 27, 2016

Place window.scrollTo(0,0); immediately after the last else if statement.

1 0

Replies

replied on July 22, 2016

Hi Jody,

Can you provide a sample of your pagination code?

0 0
replied on July 22, 2016

In the code where you handle the button press, can you just add

window.scrollTo(0,0);

 

0 0
replied on July 27, 2016
$(document).ready(function () {
  
//pagination
    $('.navitem').on('touchstart click', function () {
		$('.sections,.Submit').hide();
        $('.navbar').find('.navitem').removeClass('selected');
        if ($(this).hasClass('Applicant')) {
            $('.section1').show();
            $('.navbar').find('.Applicant').addClass('selected');
        }
        else if ($(this).hasClass('PersonalInfo')) {
            $('.section2').show();
            $('.navbar').find('.PersonalInfo').addClass('selected');
        }
        else if ($(this).hasClass('PreviousEducation')) {
           $('.section3').show();
            $('.navbar').find('.PreviousEducation').addClass('selected');
        }
        else if ($(this).hasClass('FinancialAid')) {
            $(".section4, .Submit").show();
            $('.navbar').find('.FinancialAid').addClass('selected');
        }
      else if ($(this).hasClass('Checklist')) {
            $(".section5, .Submit").show();
            $('.navbar').find('.Checklist').addClass('selected');
        }
      else if ($(this).hasClass('Declaration')) {
            $(".section6, .Submit").show();
            $('.navbar').find('.Declaration').addClass('selected');
        }
    })
    $('.navitem.Applicant').trigger('click');
//end pagination
  
 $("#q126 label").css('font-weight', 'bold') .css('font-size', '15px'); 
 $("#q128 label").css('font-weight', 'bold') .css('font-size', '15px');
 $("#q129 label").css('font-weight', 'bold') .css('font-size', '15px');
 $("#q130 label").css('font-weight', 'bold') .css('font-size', '15px');
 $("#q131 label").css('font-weight', 'bold') .css('font-size', '15px'); 
  
 $("#q103 label").css('font-size', '15px');
 $("#q105 label").css('font-size', '15px');
  
});  
  

I believe it will work, I had been trying to use that but I'm unsure of where to put it in this code....

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on July 27, 2016

Place window.scrollTo(0,0); immediately after the last else if statement.

1 0
replied on July 27, 2016

That worked great. Thank you so much!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.