You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Deleting multiple documents by Document ID

asked on June 30, 2016

I have a list of Documents IDs to delete. How can I delete those documents all at once?

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 30, 2016

The quick method is to run a search on them in the client, using this search syntax:

{LF:ID=123}|{LF:ID=1234}

Then delete all of the search results.

A more advanced method is to use the SDK.

 

1 0

Replies

replied on June 30, 2016 • Show version history

On way of doing this would be to use workflow. 

Import that list of ID's to SQL database. Workflow will read each ID , find that entry and delete it.

1 0
replied on June 30, 2016 • Show version history

Thank you.

Both the responses answered my question.

I used excel concatenation function to generate the search string (=CONCATENATE(B1,"{LF:ID=",A2,"}|").

Pasted the full result string in advanced search. Then deleted all results.

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.