My customer currently has Avante 8.3 running on Server 2003 and SQLExpress 2005.
He has built a new 2012 Server, on which we will install Laserfiche 9.1, SLExpress and move the repository.
As I see it we have to install new SQLExpress (from Laserfiche install package)
1. Detach the repository and the SQL database
2. De-activate the old Avante
3. Install new Avante and activate it (I don't think we can install without the license, which has to be de-activated from the old Avante)
4. Move the repository and database
5. Attach the repository and database
This all means a lot of down time for the customer.
What are the best practices for making this installation to minimise Laserfiche downtime?
Have I got the sequence right?